The Christmas Tag!

Thursday, 19 December 2013


You might be thinking that this blog may be turning into just one huge Christmas themed blog, but I am just so excited for Christmas and I hope I am getting you into the festive spirit! I saw this post on one of my new favourite blogs CasuallyAwkward, and thought it would be such a great idea to do just before Christmas! 


This is going to be my last post here on aspoonfulofhope until after Christmas. BUT! Fear not! I will be back just before New Years Day! I may not blog much and be in my usual routine, but I will be back. 

1. What is your favourite Christmas song?
Now if you're anything like me, you will have Christmas songs playing nearly all day, everyday throughout December. My favourite Christmas songs/album to listen to throughout the month of December is of course, Micheal Bublé's very famous Christmas album. This album just gets me so into the festive mood, and I just love to belt my heart out and dance along to it. My favourite songs from this album, and of course the originals are It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas and All I Want For Christmas Is You. 

2. What is your favourite festive drink?
My all time favourite drinks to have at Christmas time are of course the traditional hot chocolate with marshmallows, and the spiced latte that you can get from Starbucks, and also buy from Asda! These are the perfect drinks to sit down with and read a Christmas book or watch a good old Christmas film. Ahhh, cosy! 

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas film?
I have so many favourite Christmas films, so coming to a decision on which one was my favourite was just too hard. So, instead I shall list all of my favourites. Of course ELF has so be in here somewhere, so this is #1 in my Christmas film charts! My other favourite films to watch at Christmas time are, Christmas With The Cranks, The Polar Express, Bad Santa and Disney's A Christmas Carol. What are your favourite Christmas films?

4.  What is at the top of your Christmas wish list this year? 
My gift that is at the top of my Christmas list this year is an iPad mini. Yes, these tiny electrical devices of joy are expensive, but they would just be so handy for quick access to my blog, on the go reading/socializing/blogging, and are just so fun to have! So I hope Santa has put me on the good list this year! *fingers crossed*

5. What is your favourite festive make up or nail art look?
My favourite festive make up look this year is a subtle look with statement, bold pieces. I just love a dark plum/red colour this year. With a subtle toned eye and bold lip, you will just be ready to go to that Christmas party that you have been looking forward to all year. Or to spice things up a bit (see what I did there?), go big and bold with a bold lip and a smoky eye. With these two paired together you will definitely be turning heads! I love colour contrasting, so if I was going to wear a plum lipstick, I would match it up with a bold purple eye shadow. My personal favourite purple eyeshadow is from my So Susan eye shadow palette. 

6. What is your favourite outfit at Christmas time? (LBD? Christmas jumper? Pj's?)
My favourite winter outfit has to be a cute jumper, leggings/jeggings or skirt, with tights, winter boots and a parka. My favourite accessories to go with this outfit are scarfs/snood, mittens and a bobble hat. I also love to buy cute Christmas jumpers, this year I have been loving the New Look and Primark designs!

7. Would you rather play out in the snow or enjoy it inside with the fire and a cuppa?
This is a tough question. I personally love doing both, but my favourite thing to do when it snows is sit inside, in my pyjamas with a cuppa and a good Christmas film/book. I used to always go out playing in the snow, but now I just hate getting soaked by it. I do love though walking in it and taking so many beautiful pictures!

8. Wrapping presents - love or loathe?
One word. LOVE! I absolutely love wrapping presents at Christmas time now as I can finally wrap presents brilliantly. I love shopping for all different types of beautiful Christmas wrapping paper, bows, gift tags and string. I love to wrap presents and wrap them up with a gorgeous string bow! 

9. What is your favourite Christmas food?
I absolutely love having Christmas dinner with my family on Christmas day. It is such a special time and a blessing to spend time around your family. My other favourite Christmas food to have is more of a treat and they are Twiglets, Quality Street and a good old traditional mince pie! 

10. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
My favourite thing about Christmas is spending time with my family, and being thankful for all that we have. It is not about the receiving for me, it is more about the giving. To spread love, joy and happiness and remember about what Christmas is all about. I love to spend my time with my family, and just have quality time with them, having good fun, watching Christmas films and being happy. I love to see my family happy and we should all feel thankful and blessed to have these people in our lives. We never know what tomorrow is going to bring. So instead of tomorrow, be thankful today and spread joy and kindness. 

What are your favourite things to do at Christmas time? I tag all of you to do this tag, and comment below if you have done it! Happy Holidays!
© A Spoonful Of Hope. Design by Fearne.