MY 16TH BIRTHDAY! Part 2

Sunday, 19 January 2014


Hello everyone, so as I said this is part two of my 16th birthday! Today I went out with my fabulous friends as you can see above for a meal at The Harvester. We planned to go for the meal at 1pm, but there was a whole dilemma of time, but eventually we got to sit down and have something to eat.

Whilst we were there the girls gave me some presents which I am incredibly thankful for. They are such amazing girls and I am so blessed to have such thoughtful and kind people in my life. They honestly didn't have to buy me presents, but for them to think about me and buy me something is just so thoughtful and I couldn't be more blessed. 



So my three friends, Abbie, Lucy and Molly all chipped in to buy the One Direction Our Moment perfume. After smelling it on my friend and saying I loved it they decided to buy it for me which is just so amazing and thoughtful. Also, I absolutely LOVE One Direction so, I will admit I fan girled a little. This is such a gorgeous, girly scent which smells fruity and sweet. I just love it. It reminds me of a previous perfume I owned which is one by J Lo. Also, how cute is this bottle!? It's pink and girly and just beautiful. 


I also received this super duper cute memo board from my friend Zoe from Sass & Belle. This is now hanging on my door, and it looks so pretty. I cannot wait until I pop some photos and important things in there. This is also has a vintage look to it, which, if you know me I love vintage!  


My friend Abbie also bought me some fuzzy socks. How cute are these?! I absolutely love to wear fluffy socks around the house and to bed. They are just so warm and cosy. I love the colours of them to! They match most of my pyjamas which is a plus and they are spotty! 


My friend Zoe also picked me up this super cute mini heart plaque which has one of my favourite, favourite quotes on 'Live well, Laugh often, Love much'. This quote always keeps me in such a positive state of mind and tells me to live life to it's fullest, appreciating everything and everyone around me. The second mini heart plaque was also from my friend Lucy, and it just has my name 'Hope' on it with a little heart. I was so surprised when I opened this as I can never find anything with my name on. This now sits by my Angel on my bedside table.


Okay, so this was a really big fangirl moment for me. If you don't me, or don't know this about me, I bloomin' love Demi Lovato. She is one of my idols in life, apart from my family and Audrey Hepburn, and I had been looking at this book for a long while. My friend Jess bought this for me as she knew I love her, so that was so super thoughtful of her. My friends tend to get a bit annoyed as I am always talking about her. If you don't know what this book is about it is basically a book where you read a page a day, hence the title 365 days a year. On each day you will have something inspiring written by Demi Lovato. I love this as it will always keep me in a positive mood and keep my thoughts happy and positive if I am ever having a bad day.

Today reads, 'The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.' - Alice Walker. I love this quote as we humans will at some point in our life time doubt ourselves on the ability of our power and how we act. This quote tells me personally to never doubt myself on my ability and my power. Yes, people may be more intelligent than us. Yes, people may be famous and have lots of money, but that does not mean that we have less capability than them. We all have a story, and just because someone may be wealthier or smarter than us does not mean that they do not doubt themselves. We should believe in ourselves and remind ourselves that we are capable of anything, even if people say you cannot accomplish it, you can. You can accomplish anything you set your mind on. Except crime, don't do that because that's bad and you can get into heaps of trouble.

From my friend Molly, I received a beautiful, floral scented diffuser. It makes my room smell so pretty. I couldn't get a good photo of it, but I am pretty sure you know what a diffuser looks like! It smells so fresh and looks so pretty in my room.

From my friend Poppy I received a phone case which has the London Eye and the Eiffel Tower on it. It has a vintage theme and it is so, so cute! I would have taken a photo of it but my camera has now died. *Angry emoji face* You can trust me on this one though. It is cute!

Last of all from my friend Sammy (Samantha), I received some money which I am super thankful for and excited to buy something with! 

Phew *takes back of hand over forehead*. That was my 16th birthday, and honestly it has been the most incredible birthday I've ever had. Literally. I have been spoilt to bits with some amazing and gorgeous gifts that I am so bloomin' thankful for. My friends and my family are such important, kind, generous people and I am so thankful and blessed that I have them in my life. Yesterday I had an amazing day with my family, at home spending and cherishing our time together, and today I spent the day with my gorgeous friends who have made my birthday complete. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, and I shall see you on Tuesday. x

© A Spoonful Of Hope. Design by Fearne.