Where I've Been Recently...

Saturday, 15 February 2014

Image:WeHeartIt

So, recently you may have been thinking 'where the heck has Hope gone?', but don't you worry, I AM ALIVE. Yes, I have been gone for quite a while I have realised, and I have already broken some of my New Years resolutions. If you don't know what they were, they were to blog more (around twice a week), and to be more organised with my blog, and well, as you can tell that pretty much went down the drain. But fear not, I am back in blogging mode and will still try to be consistent with my blog.

So why have I been gone? Well, I have just had to take a break and take some time for myself. I'm not going to lie, and I don't think that sounds selfish either. Recently, I have been taking a little TLC time for myself, relaxing and just taking some time to think. Since the start of January, and going back to school I was under rather a lot of stress with revising for an exam and preparing for a lot of course work, which I still am now. Now, I'm not asking for your sympathy, and I know that a lot of bloggers have had a lot of things to do, I totally understand that, but lately my blog and YouTube have not been my main priority.
As much as I love blogging, and vlogging, it has not been my main priority. School has, and always is, until I leave and never have to go through it again. If you know me, you may know that I am a complete stress head, and I am always worrying about the tiniest of things, and school at the moment has made me go from complete stress head to complete stress head x1 million. (Slight exaggeration, but not really). So with school, and a few other things, I have felt like my head is going to explode. 

Now, I'm not completely calm about things, I am still extremely stressed out about a few things, but not as much as I was at the start of the year. So what did I do to help get back on track of things?

- Firstly, I have started to make TO DO LISTS. Now these little beauty's have really helped me be more organised and keep on track on things I need to do. I try to make a to do list everyday, whether it be written down, or on my iPad I find the these lists really help. Also, once you tick everything off your list you feel a sigh of relief and feel good about yourself as you have completed a lot of tasks! Who doesn't love that?
- Secondly, I have started going to sleep a lot earlier at night. Now looking back I don't know how I stayed up so late, but I used to stay up until around 11-11:15pm every night. To me now this is crazy, and also it is no good for you to stay up so late when you have to get up so early the next morning. So recently I have started going to sleep around 10-10:30pm every night, which helps me get more sleep, and I have noticed that I don't feel that tired in the morning at 6:30am. I used to feel so tired and run down when I went to sleep later, but now I feel happier and more energetic in the morning!
- Thirdly, I have started to be more organised with my homework/revision timetable. Everyday when I come home from school at 3:30pm, I make a cup of coffee, get changed into some comfy clothes, and go upstairs to complete my homework, or revise. I usually then complete my homework by 4:00-4:30pm, and then I have the rest of the night to relax, and do whatever I wish to. Take my advice, if you are doing your homework late at night, so around 9:00-10:00pm at night, you are going to be stressed out, your brain will start to become tired, and you will most likely not be concentrating as much as you would be from when you get home from school. Your performance in you work will improve when you are doing you homework earlier in the day. BUT! Make sure you are taking breaks! If you have a lot of things to complete you want to take around 5-10 minute breaks every forty five minutes.
- Lastly, this may sound funny, but I have started to meditate in the mornings, and every time I feel stressed out. I have recently downloaded this app called Take A Break, which is a meditation app. There are two settings on there, a 7 minute time, and a 13 minute time. You can pick whichever you prefer, an then you can choose whether you want to listen to nature sounds, or just soothing music. In my opinion, I love this app! This app really helps me to calm down and relax, and I feel like my mind is a lot more clear after using it, especially from when I've been stressing out. So I definitely recommend downloading this app. It is free, so that's a great bonus! 

I hope these tips really help you cope more with stress if you are in the same situation as me at the moment!

Apart from the all of the stress related things, what have I been up to recently that is non stress related? Well, shortly after my birthday, it was my friend Jessica's 16th birthday, and myself, Jess and our other friends went to Cardiff to go for a meal at TGI Friday's, and then popped around the shops for a while. (You can see what I ate a TGI's on my Instagram @aspoonfulofhope). It was so much fun, I love spending days out with my friends. That is probably the only eventful thing I've done this year at the moment. I've also just been relaxing, reading and thinking about new plans to make. 

Also, I hope you all had a lovely Valentines day! Whether it be with your partner, or just with your family. I love Valentines day, celebrating how much you love a person, but we shouldn't just show our love for that person on that one day. We should tell our mum/dad/siblings/boyfriend/girlfriend/cat (you get the idea) that we love them everyday, because we do. Also, I love you guys for sticking with me even though I've been gone, and I have just noticed that I have reached 60 followers! Thank you so much, and hello to you! I'm Hope. 

Thank you for reading, and have a lovely day x

Latest Instagrams

© A Spoonful Of Hope. Design by Fearne.